sábado, 4 de junio de 2011

CONSOLE AND ENCOURAGE: Unit 8

Tània: Hey, Amadeu, you look a bit down. What's the matter?
Amadeu: Oh, I've just heard that my best friend's father has got a job in USA, and she's moving away
Tània: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. It isn't the end of the world though
Amadeu: I know, but I'm really going to miss her
Tània: don't take it too badly- at least you can visit her on summer holidays. USA is really cool.
Amadeu: That's true, I supose
Tània: Look at it this way- if he's father hadn't got the job there maybe she will be disappointed with him...
Amadeu: Yeah, maybe you're right
Tània: Cheer up! Com on- let's go to a café or something
Amadeu: OK. Thanks, Tània. I feel a bit better now.


APOLOGIZE FOR A MISUNDERSTANDING: Unit 7

Tània: Excuse me. Can I have a word with you?
Amadeu: Yes. Is there a problem?
TàniaI'm afraid so. DId you know that this is private property?
Amadeu: No, I didn't.
Tània: Didn't you see the sign?
Amadeu: No, I'm afraid not.
Tània: Have you been here before to skateboard?
Amadeu: No, I like out of town.
Tània: Well, if I were you, I'd look for a different place.
Amadeu: OK. Sorry about that. I didn't realize.
Tània: That's OK. Remember for next time.


EXPLAIN AND CLARIFY A SITUATION: Unit 9

Tània: Hi Sergi. How was your weekend?
Amadeu: Not bad, thanks. Why do you ask?
Tània: Because you told me that you were staying in on Saturday night, but I heard that you were at a party.
Amadeu: Who told you that?
Tània: Grace said that she'd seen you. How come you didn't tell me about it?
Amadeu: Cause I was only there for an hour. My dad asked me to take my sister. I chatted to Paul for a while and then I left.
Tània: Are you telling me the truth, Sergi?
Amadeu: Honestly, it's true! If you don't belive me, you can ask Grace.
Tània: OK, OK. I belive you. Sorry, Sergi.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario